Sunday, July 24, 2011

INTERNAL reason #1: COLOR

    I have a love affair with color - I can spend days sitting and looking at paint chips.  My first act when we move is to put paint on the walls - paint with COLOR!  My favorite camera setting is VIVID - or, black and white.
these are some of my favorite images, whether properly composed or not, I love the colors.  When I lay eyes on a scene, photograph, any visual imagery, the first thing that hits me is the color, the relationship between colors.  I love bright contrasting colors, rich edible colors like these apples, soft romantic colors... dissonant color and harmonizing color.



apples at market, nikon coolpix


sky in motion from car, canon something. i borrowed it.

Patient husband, waiting for me to get the shot. Nikon D3000

a watchful dad, d3000, vivid mode

glamor girl, d3000, vivid mode

bright spot, d3000, vivid mode

biscuit on the curb, standard color, d3000

2 comments:

Kat Sloma said...

I love reading all of these reasons! Color is a favorite of mine too. I think that last photo, taken on the curb is fantastic. Great composition and color together, and special subject of yours too. Lots of things to love about photography here!

JJINJERSEY said...

Thanks Kat! She makes it easy, that little one- doesn't take a bad picture. Thanks for the kind words.

Some Terrific Ways to Spend Time on the Internet

Creative Spiritual Women Badge