Monday, December 12, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I trend toward being a bit of an Xmas humbug.. the commercialism, the constant repetition of tunes... but this year, we have our own home, and a 2 year old who thinks even my imperfect attempts at "tradition" are genius... This year, we made Christmas our way.. with no planning, spontaneously, and of course, with apple cider donuts!


Less is More
Loved this simple pop of birdie color...

It's hard to stop at just one.. but these apple cider donuts are so special, that "less is more"!



Holiday Lights

We call this "renegade photography"



Ornaments
Oh how I love getting the sweet little ornaments home from school... Now I understand why my mom saved so many...

The magic of Christmas is all over the house this year... every little wreath, ornament, wrapping, and bow is a wonder to her!



Cup of Cheer
Mama's got no cheer until I get about here in the cup o' joe...

And Miss Madame needs her morning "'moothie"... 



Nativity
It's all about peace in the end, right?






13 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I really like your holiday lights - very nice.

JJINJERSEY said...

Thanks Ashley! It was fun to burrow the camera in a random centerpiece at "breakfast with Santa"!

Dawn said...

Your "renegade" shot cracks me up! What a fun collection!

JJINJERSEY said...

Thank you, Dawn! I've been seriously trying to cultivate this as a serious hobby but between job and toddler, I just don't get the time daily. So, I've been trying to master types of photography that fit into my day - like when I'm a passenger in the car at night, lol!

Brenda said...

Wow! That first shot of the cardinal among the white branches could definitely grace a holiday card - love it!

I can understand how the holidays would be different with a two-year old in the house. Our grandson, who is 2 and half, will be arriving next week - can't wait for a dose of "childhood" Christmas.

JJINJERSEY said...

Oh Brenda, enjoy!!!
I do love that little birdie.. brings me back to the "birdhouse moment" from Kat Eye!

Rose Clearfield said...

Gorgeous photos! Great messages for the holidays, too. It's so important to remember what the holiday is about and not get caught up in the commercialism.

Deborah Tisch said...

I have a feeling my middle name really is Humbug because the holiday stuff gets to me, too. This year I'm finding that seeing everyone's images online is helping lift that humbugness a bit. Your images are great examples of that...they are all so wonderful!
And I so agree with you, it is all about peace.

Christine E-E said...

i've never tasted apple cider donuts but am thinking i might like them too much... your renegade shot is so much FUN!

stephanie g said...

Pretty dove in the last one! I like the colors.

JJINJERSEY said...

Hi Rose! And with a 2 year old, it's a real struggle - so many cute toys I want to get for her, but at the same time not create the frenzy I grew up with...

Deborah! So nice to see you. You know what? I didn't pinpoint that but you hit the nail on the head - all these nostalgic and sentimental photos - and taking my own - are actually doing a lot toward creating a "tradition" of my own and those feelings of something worth capturing.

Christine! GOODNESS you'll have to send me your address - donuts on the way! I love renegade photography bc there's no expectations - it's the impossible shot no matter what.

Stephanie - thank you! Funny you say so, bc I actually changed the original colors which were pretty classic, bright stained glass, to a more antiqued, nostalgic look.

Thank you so much everyone for coming by and sharing the holidays!

Barbara said...

Great job - love your lights shots.

seabluelee said...

JJ, great photos! And I remember that "birdhouse moment" from class - it was a real breakthrough, as I recall. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

Some Terrific Ways to Spend Time on the Internet

Creative Spiritual Women Badge