Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunflower maze

This charming maze is found in Augusta, NJ and is only around for a couple of weekends; it's interesting to be inside something so robust and ephemeral at the same time.


Don't they look like they're in a cult?











Doesn't it look like this sunflower is being strangled?

Don't you love the way these look like a proud mama and papa sunflower, beaming down on their little one?



9 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful. I really like the way you have captured little "stories".

JJINJERSEY said...

Thank you Brenda! This was fun, I wish I could have spent more time getting the technicalities right but Miss Delilah was very clingy in the new place. However, these only have minor, minor adjustments and I'm very happy that the yellows and greens are true to life, pretty much straight out of the camera. Made me want to get a macro lens.

Deborah Tisch said...

Love this post! Sunflowers are a very favorite of mine and your images of them are so lovely. The comments you made about them all are cute and make them come to life!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind remarks.

Blessings to you and your family~

seabluelee said...

Fun post and great pictures. Love the little stories - I really could imagine it! ~Lee

Christine E-E said...

what a cute little sunflowers in your 4th photo! adorable. Looking at the view from my granddaughter's eye level has been a favorite technique I've started to miss. She's growing so tall, it's not quite the same as when she was 2 feet tall.

leanne can blog said...

Beautiful- I love a field of sunflowers.

Becs said...

Wow, I love these! I adore sunflowers anyway and you've used different pov to get some really interesting shots. Your words were great too. Becsx
ps that little girl of yours is just gorgeous!

JJINJERSEY said...

It was fun to get down to her eye level - and trying to keep up, I learned, makes me hot and sweaty! I liked the idea of the Big Tall Sunflowers, and the sky was actually so grey-white that day that I got a clear, plain background, but the dark areas on the petals around the center are a little over-pixelated looking. Otherwise, I thought it was fun to get a SOOTC shot that looked fake.

Simon said...

That sunflower field is amazing. I've never seen anything like that...other than maybe with corn.
You took some super awesome macros for someone who said they don't macro often.
Hope you are now back home and safe. Irene....now that's a sign of Mother Nature being a little ticked off!

Some Terrific Ways to Spend Time on the Internet

Creative Spiritual Women Badge